DIY Blog Design ~ a New Series

This post was originally published at Songbird. If you like DIY inspiration of the home and decor kind, than please visit me there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi friends, have you noticed I am always fiddling with my blog design? Do you consider it improvements (like the new categorie buttons in my sidebar, noticed them?)? Watch out because there is more to come…

As you all might know I am solely responsible for the way my blog looks, well with a little help of Blogger that is. Maybe one day I will invest in a proper blog design done by a professional, but right now if I want something done, I’ll have to figure it out myself.

And heck, I think being called a ‘DIY girl’  is a badge of honor.

DIY Blog Design 1

My blog design has grown/ is growing with leaps and bounds. I keep discovering new things, I say goodbye to other things and I have a wish list the size of a phonebook of things still to figure out. And while fiddling around in the ‘behind the scenes’ blog world, I picked up a few tricks.

Some simple and well known tips, others more complicated and daring, and a few things I figured out all on my own.

I thought I’d start a little blog series. Just some regular posts on the art of blogging and blog designing. Sharing what I have learned.

DIY Blog Design

Most of my knowledge comes from other people who have generously shared their wisdom on the internet. If you have an idea for your blog it is almost a 100% certainty that somebody else has thought of that too, and possibly figured out how to do it.

The problem is finding the information you need to do it yourself.

I have spent hours and hours searching for that bit of code that would allow me to install that one thing I was sure my blog or I couldn’t live without. But finding the right words to describe what I wanted, to formulate the proper search key words and to filter out the garbage from the gems, that is an art form.

In this DIY Blog Design series I want to offer you the benefit of my mad googling skills and my OCD and tenacity in searching for something until I find it.

DIY Blog Design 2

I’ll do my best to offer something for all of you. For beginning bloggers the fundamentals, for savvy DIY designers a neat trick or two, and hopefully for all of you the confidence that you can make your blog look the way you envision it. Oh and maybe some helpful tips on how to make the actual blogging and blog designing easier too.

I have a folder of questions I have been asked about my blog design and the way I blog. But maybe you have some questions too!

Let me know which topics you would be interested in, what bugs you about your blog (or mine), what cool thing have you always wanted to add but didn’t know how, which (blog related) riddle do you want me to solve.

DIY Blog Design 3

I can’t promise I have an answer to everything but I’ll do my best to come up with help or point you in the right direction.

So let’s hear it. Interested in this kind of DIY?

Love,

Marianne

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten